Sunday, February 20, 2011

Welcome

For a few years now I've been wondering why it is that with all the comics news, reviews, and bluntly, complaining, there doesn't seem to be so much time given to re-reading the output fo recent decades to determine whether we would actually have enjoyed any of it if it was taken out of the context of the "bleeding edge" of continuity.

While I won't claim to have a big collection, I have been rather diligent in collecting runs from the last decade or so (granted in trade or hardcover) and as I continue to cut back the titles I'm reading (due to either budget or enjoyment) the thing that jumps out at me is that I could (and maybe should) go back through my collection and re-read the books. And while I'm at it, why not review them.

So over the coming weeks, I'll begin putting up a review a week of whatever grabs my fancy from my collection.

First up I'll go for.... this:

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog Westy! Looking forward to reading your random reviews!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great idea! I shall keep popping back in :)

    ReplyDelete